“They won’t let me get off”: last call from the driver of the garbage truck lynched by emberas

The driver of the truck that ran over and killed an indigenous girl and her child, within the Funza Siberia hall, was recognized as Hildebrando Rivera Gantiva, who managed to speak with the supervisor of the corporate eco-harvest to ask for assist earlier than shedding his life on account of the lynching by the hands of the Embera guard.

In communication with Blue Radio, the supervisor of the rubbish assortment firm, Mario Calderón, informed particulars of the final name Rivera made after operating over the girl and within the midst of the mob that besieged him.

“Don Mario, I am right here within the truck, they will not let me get off, a boy crossed me and I did not see him,” had been the phrases of Hildebrando within the midst of desperation.

(See additionally: The Lawyer Normal’s Workplace applies the utmost sanction to troopers who raped an Embera lady)

“His voice was determined, what he informed me at that second may be very tough for me”Calderon added.

The supervisor of Ecosiecha confirmed that he contacted the mayor of Funza to acquire the assist of the Police, whereas the operational technician of his firm insisted, with out success, to ascertain contact once more with the 60-year-old man.

“I am calling Hildebrando’s cellphone and I am answered by a voice of an individual who tells me: ‘do not name this man anymore…, we’ll kill him,'” was the report that the Ecosiecha operational technician gave him over the cellphone to Calderón, he informed Blu Radio.

in dialog with Noticias Caracol, the indigenous chief Claudia Yoseli, who was current on the scene of the tragedy, assured that they might take justice and pressured that their “resistances are completely different”.

Learn Additionally

We the Embera don’t let certainly one of our folks die. Our resistances are completely different. we are going to take justice And we’re not going to maneuver from right here.” had been the phrases of Claudia Yoseli.

one of many victims (the mom) was recognized as Erminda Sintua Tunay. For its half, Ecosiecha confirmed that Rivera Gantiva was a 60-year-old man who had been working with that firm since 2020 and was touring via the Funza Siberia hall when he ran over the indigenous chief and her child.

After the occasions, the Embera guard protested on the highway inflicting blockades.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.